COURSE OVERVIEW -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
Overhead cranes, which move on rails on runways along the sides of the operating area, are used to move objects inside of buildings where access by other types of cranes is limited or restricted. Proper training for overhead cranes allows safe operation and helps to prevent most serious incidents.
This program introduces the standards and guidelines required of an overhead crane operator, as well as the basics of overhead crane operation.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understand the different types of overhead cranes and their components.
• Understand pre-lift inspection requirements.
• Understand terms used in overhead crane operation.
• Understand basic overhead crane operation.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Introduce the overhead crane training guidelines for operators and supervisors.
• Introduce various standards, codes, and government regulations that apply when working with overhead cranes, hoists, and rigging hardware.
• Review various types of overhead cranes for different lifting applications.
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Overhead Crane
• Discuss overhead crane training requirements.
• Discuss crane inspection requirements.
• Discuss safety requirements for use of crane controls.
Lesson 3: Operating Practices
• Discuss operational safety.
• Identify procedures to be used when turning loads.
• Identify procedures and safety considerations when using magnets for lifting loads.
Final Exam – 6 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1-2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 6
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days