A rigger is a person that specializes in the lifting and moving of extremely large or heavy objects. There is no place for shortcuts when performing this important job. Riggers must use approved rigging hardware and know how to apply standards that apply to each situation. They need to be able to select proper hardware, know how to calculate the weight of an object, and determine the center of gravity of the load. This program covers all the fundamentals, including necessary training and qualifications, hand signals, general standards, rigging components, rigging hook-ups, inspection, and controls.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understand key safety topics related to pre-use inspection of rigging equipment.
• Understand the steps for safe and productive rigging and lifting.
• Understand how to determine weight of objects and any reductions in lift capacity.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Introduce the training program and expectations.
• Define rigging.
Lesson 2: Training
• Discuss operator requirements.
Lesson 3: General Requirements
• Discuss terminology and definitions.
• Identify safety factors.
• Explain load assessment.
• Explain center of gravity.
• Discuss communication and hand signals.
Lesson 4: Rigging Components
• Describe rigging components, including hooks, shackles, wire rope, synthetic slings, chains, and basic accessories.
Lesson 5: Hook-ups
• Discuss basic rigging hitches.
• Discuss methods to assemble the hook-up.
• Identify common rigging accessories.
Lesson 6: Inspection and Controls
• Discuss rigging inspection and controls, including how regulation requires that there be compliance with standards for removal.
Final Exam – 39 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1-2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 39
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days